Mint, also known as Mentha or Pudina in Hindi is an aromatic herb that has been used for many years for medicinal, health purpose and for adding flavor, nutrition and aroma to food.Mint comes in different varieties, but the most common varieties of mint are spearmint and peppermint.
Mint leaves are packed with healthy vitamins such as vitamin A, C and B-6 that are highly beneficial for the maintenance of a healthy skin.Mint contains Menthol, an active ingredient that exhibit cooling and anti-bacterial properties which are useful for treating different skin problems. Let’s explore some of the marvelous beauty uses of mint leaves that you might not know.
Here are the 10 beauty uses of Mint Leaves
1.Mint as an Instant Mouth Freshener
Eating few strands of raw onion and garlic can leave your mouth smelling.Here is an instant tip to get rid of this nasty smell.Try chewing few mint leaves to stop bad breath and freshen your breath without adding any calories, unlike other breath fresheners that contain artificial sweeteners.It also leaves your teeth clean and prevents further build-up of bacteria that causes bad breath.
2.Mint Body Slimming Infusion Drink
Try this extremely refreshing, body slimming infusion drink and lose weight without putting any extra efforts.
Ingredients – Mint Leaves, Ginger, Lemon and Black Salt.
- o Pour a liter of filter water into a jug.
- o Add thoroughly washed chopped mint leaves about a cup, 1 inch finely chopped ginger and one freshly squeezed lemon juice to add a burst of flavors.
- o Leave the solution to infuse for 7 to 8 hours in the fridge.
- o Filter and pour this drink into a glass, add 1 Tsp of black salt and some ice cubes and enjoy the drink.
Benefits – Infusion drinks are a great way to increase the burning of calories and lose weight.This minty weight-loss infusion drink, flush away toxins, boosts your metabolism, the cooling properties of mint calms your mind and relaxes your mood.The antioxidant effect of lemon and ginger, fight against free radical damage and induce weight loss.Enjoy it as a refreshing evening drink!
3.Mint as an Acne Soothing Toner
Ingredients – Mint Leaves, Rose water, Lemon juice and Distilled water
- o Boil a handful of fresh mint leaves in 1 cup of filtered water on a low flame for 5 minutes.
- o Remove from the stove and leave to cool completely.
- o Add 4 Tbsp of rose water and 1/2 fresh squeezed lime juice.Stir well.
- o Pour this toner into a bottle and store in the refrigerator.
- o Wet a cotton ball with this toner and gently wipe your face.Follow this twice in a day for best results.
Benefits – This mint skin soothing toner cures skin problems relating to acne and pimples, the astringent and cooling properties of mint heals acne, calms down skin redness or inflammation, lightens dark spots and blemishes and gives the skin clear, fair and acne-free face.
4.Homemade Moisturizing Mint Lip Balm for Rosy Lips
Discover smooth, pink and lustrous lips with this homemade moisturizing mint lip balm.
Ingredients – Mint Leaves and Shea Butter
- o Take few thoroughly washed mint leaves.Blend with a little water to a fine paste.
- o Filter and strain the juice.Take 2 Tbsp of this juice and mix 1 Tbsp of shea butter.Store this mixture in a small lip balm container.
- o Wipe your lips with a cotton dipped in rose water and then massage this mint lip balm on your lips.Do this daily before going to bed.
Benefits – Shea butter moisturizes your lips and keeps your lips soft and supple whereas mint leaf contains a good amount of vitamin A and vitamin C that removes tan and dullness from your lips, lightens your dark lips and gives you healthy, bright and pink lips naturally.,
5.Invigorating Mint Body Spray
One of the best beauty uses of mint leaves as a skin-friendly, invigorating cooling body spray.
Ingredients – Mint Leaves, Lemon Grass and Lemon Essential Oil
- o Pour a glass of filter water and bring it to a boil.
- o Add 1/2 cup of finely chopped mint leaves and 1/2 cup of chopped lemon grass.
- o Cover with a lid and allow to simmer for 5 minutes on a low flame.
- o Remove from the stove and leave to cool completely.Do not open the lid.
- o Once it has cooled, pour the solution into a clean empty body spray bottle.
- o Add 4 to 5 drops of lemon essential oil and shake well.Your invigorating minty lemon body spray is ready cheers!!!.
Benefits – It delivers a cooling sensation to the skin surface, energize and hydrates the skin, controls excessive underarms sweating and naturally whitens dark underarms.
6.Mint Hair Mask for Smelly Hair
Ingredients – Mint leaves, Yogurt and Lemon juice
- o Blend a handful of fresh mint leaves with a little water to a smooth paste.
- o Add some lemon juice and 2 Tbsp of thick yogurt.
- o Combine all the ingredients well.
- o Wet you hair and scalp and apply this mint paste.
- o Leave for 20 minutes and then rinse off with cool water.
Benefits – One of the best use of mint leaves is in eliminating smelly hair and scalp.Mint antifungal properties cure itching scalp, cleanse and gives a fresh smell to your hair and scalp.
7.Mint Skin Purifying Face Scrub
Buff away dead skin cells and refine your skin pores with this deep exfoliating mint face scrub.To prepare this face scrub you require the following ingredients.
Ingredients – Dry Mint Leaves Powder, Milk and Honey
- o In a bowl, add 2 Tbsp of dry mint leaf powder, 1 Tbsp of milk and 1 Tbsp of honey.
- o Combine all the ingredients well and bring into a fine paste.
- o Wet your hands with warm water and gently massage this scrub with your fingertips.
- o Massage for 2 minutes in a circular motion and then rinse it off with cold water.
Benefits – This mild exfoliating mint scrub deep cleanses skin dullness, improves skin clarity and leaves skin radiant and healthy.Milk and honey replenish moisture into the skin to prevent dryness so skin feels soft and smooth.
8.Mint Leaves to Remove Dark Circles
Mint leaves is extremely useful in curing those horrible dark under eye patches.
Ingredients – Mint leaves and Rose water
- o Blend mint leaves with a little water.
- o Filter the mint juice into a small bowl.Add 4 Tbsp of rose water to the mint juice and stir well.
- o Leave the solution in the fridge for 1 hour or until it is cold.
- o Soak 2 cotton balls in mint juice and place over your closed eyes.
- o Leave for 15 minutes and then rinse with cool water.
Benefits – It soothes puffy and irritated eyes, removes dark patches around the eyes and brightens the under eye area.
9.Mint as Dark Spot Removal Pack
Ingredients – Mint juice, Aloe Vera Gel and Multanni Mitti
- o Mix 2 Tbsp of mint juice with 1 Tsp of aloe vera and a Tbsp of multani mitti.
- o Combine well to a smooth consistency and apply onto your clean face.
- o Leave until it dries completely and then rinse with lukewarm water.
Benefits – This mint face pack diminishes the appearance of dark spots and pimple scars, blended with aloe vera gel it soothes skin irritation, fade age spots and makes the skin look luminous and spotless.
10.Mint For Softening Cracked Heels
Cracked heel causes pain and discomfort.Relieve dryness and soften cracked heels with mint.
Ingredients – Mint leaves, Milk and Vaseline Petroleum Jelly
- o In a small bowl, mix 2 Tbsp of mint leaves paste, 1 Tbsp of thick milk and 2 Tbsp of petroleum jelly.
- o Combine the mixture well.
- o Wash your foot with lukewarm water and then massage this mixture onto your cracked heels.
- o Leave for 1 hour and then wipe using a wet warm towel.
Follow this remedy daily for at least 5 days to reveal soft, smooth and beautiful feet.
If you have any such beauty uses of mint leaves then share with us in the below comment section
Mint is Rich In Vitamins
B2- B3 C E and Folic Acid
Good Source Of Calcium
Magnesium and Iron
Acne Soothing Toner
Dark Spot Removal
Instant Mouth Freshener
Hair Mask For Smelly Hair
For Body Slimming
Lip Balm For Rosy Lips
Mint Body Spray
Skin Purifying Face Scrub
Remove Dark Circles
Softening Cracked Heels